All Winsock Repair features was built into Complete Internet Repair and this is the reason, I essentially discontinued Winsock Repair. However; I noticed that many people where still searching for and using Winsock Repair; this is why I needed to brought it back. Although I am still updating Winsock Repair, it is recommended that you rather use Complete Internet Repair to solve your Internet connection issues.
The Winsock Repair program is a small tool that can help you to reset or repair the Windows sockets configuration to defaults or clean state. Most of the Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings. Windows sockets settings may get corrupted due to networking software installation, or perhaps a Malware infestation.
When Winsock corruption occurs, you will not be able connect to the Internet, but the packets won’t transfer back and forth. And errors such as “Page cannot be displayed” may occur while trying to browse the internet. Try using Winsock Repair if your computer shows any of the following symptoms:
- internet or network connectivity problems after removing malware from your computer
- unable to get access to all or some websites.
- no or limited network connectivity or error messages related to networking issues
- DNS lookup problems
- fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors
Winsock Repair works well for connectivity problems, but if you are looking for more repair options, please download Complete Internet Repair.
Following is some of the planned features and updates:
- I want to build in PortableApps.com base directory detection and only use the Data folder for storing data when installed on the PortableApps platform.
|Download||WinsRepair_1052.zip (22916 downloads)|
|Updated||November 21, 2017|
|File Size||1 MB|
|Requirements||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8 / 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 bit)|