We are living in an Internet age and with any widely used technologies, come a new set of problems. Because services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, accounting, backups and document editors becoming more and more popular, most people cannot function without the internet. But what to do when your internet connection breaks down. Yea sure; a technician is an option, but this is an expensive option. Enter Complete Internet Repair.
Complete Internet Repair is a free Open Source Power Tool to repair internet connections and get you up and running in no time. Please note that it is unable to repair hardware faults or get your ISP up and running or not yet. 🙂 In short; Complete Internet Repair will attempt to repair your internet connection.
What can be Repaired
With any repair utility, you will need to remember two golden rules. Firstly; Do not try to repair something that is not broken, you might break it. Secondly; the utility cannot repair it all, we are not like the all-seeing and all-knowing Oracle, we cannot anticipate each and every situation, but this all said; Complete Internet Repair should be able to help with most of your internet issues. Complete Internet Repair might help (no promises) if you are experiencing any of the following problems:
- Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling VPN, firewall or other networking programs.
- Unable to access any website or can only access some websites.
- Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
- No network connectivity due to registry errors.
- DNS lookup problem.
- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
- Windows update does not work.
- You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
- Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
- Sticky proxy server settings.
- A few other internet errors, but we will not discuss all here.
Troubleshooting Modem Issues
As previously mentioned, Complete Internet Repair will not repair hardware issues. If Complete Internet Repair did not help with your internet issue, go through the following basic troubleshooting steps before you call an expensive technician:
- Make sure the modem is plugged in, on and working.
- Make sure everything is plugged in or if you are using wireless make sure you are connected to the modem.
- Call your service provider to test the outgoing line for you (maybe they will need to reset the line or have a problem on their side.
- Save your internet access username and password.
- Reset your modem (you will need to consult the documentation of the modem to find out how)
- Reenter your internet access login information (the default login information for access to the modem configuration interface should be printed in the manual, but this is usually; username: admin password: admin). If you still cannot find the login information try http://www.routerpasswords.com
- After following all these steps and your internet is still not working, you modem could be broken and you will need to replace it or phone that overpriced technician to come lend a hand.
Download Complete Internet Repair
Complete Internet Repair comes in two flavors. A setup utility for installing Complete Internet Repair to your computer and a portable version for running it straight from a memory stick or portable hard drive; this means you can carry it around with you and have it ready when something goes wrong. It will not write any settings to the registry or leave any traces on your computer. So, for all the wannabe technicians out there; you can use it and nobody would ever know you did.
Just download which ever version you prefer.
|Complete Internet Repair 3 (Build 2852)||1.6 MB||88,915||Download|
|Complete Internet Repair 3 (Build 2852) Portable||1.6 MB||79,646||Download|
Using Complete Internet Repair
For more on using Complete Internet Repair, take a look at the video below created by MajorGeeks.com.
Download Complete Internet Repair source code below or browse the GitHub Repository. To compile (build) the sources, you will need to download and install AutoIt Beta version 22.214.171.124 or later. Download the AutoIt Script Editor (Scite) here to edit the source code.
|Complete Internet Repair 3 Source Code for Build 2852||673.6 KB||4,663||Download|
Get In Touch
Have some suggestions or found a bug? Not sure how to get in touch with us. Here are some ways to get our attention.
The preferred method for reporting a bug is to leave a comment at the bottom of this page. However, we also welcome suggestions or “nice job” comments, especially the latter.
You can also report an issue on GitHub here (not just for developers) or join the conversation on the AutoIt forums. Finally, use the Contact form here to reach us. This might seem like the best way, but it is unreliable. The mails do not always find our inbox.
This is our bragging section. The most important awards are the 100% clean awards. These mean that Complete Internet Repair was scanned by the download site and it is malware free.