Use Carbon CD to make backup copies of your music or data CDs. Copy (Clone) most CDs in just a few mouse clicks. Create perfect 1:1 copies or save your CDs to your computer. If you are familiar with Clone CD, you should feel right at home using Carbon CD. The biggest difference between the two is that Carbon CD does not support DVDs yet (Still working on it).
Carbon CD is based on the CD Manipulator code created by Y. Kanechika. Originally in Japanese, It now supports English by default. I upgraded the project from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010 and cleaned the code. I also upgraded all the graphics, worked on skinning, beautified all the dialog boxes and sorted all the bugs I could find. Let me know if you find more.
- Create 1:1 copies onto CD-Rs and CD-RWs.
- Supported formats: ISO, IMG, CUE, CCD, CDM
- Does not require an ASPI driver.
- Show Drive capabilities.
- MSF Calculator.
- Erase CD-RW media.
- CD and Image File mastering.
- Rip audio tracks.
- Copy Protect CDs.
- Copies CDs in Single-Session mode or Multi-Session (RAW) mode.
- Analyze pregap.
- Analyze sub code.
- Ignore read errors.
- Fast error skip.
- Intelligent bad sector scanner.
- Swap audio channel.
- Perform Optimum Power Calibration.
- Buffer-Underrun Protection.
- IBM-compatible personal computer with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM.
- Windows XP (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows Vista (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows 2008 (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows 7 (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows 8 (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows 8.1 (32Bit & 64Bit), Windows 10 (32Bit & 64Bit).
- 5 MB hard-disk space.
To enable me to reach my goals sooner, please consider donating a small amount towards this project. Following is a list of all the upcoming features and updates for Carbon CD:
- Support for DVD formats; DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM.
- A better skin manager, including more skins.
- Compete the help file.
This is not a small project and I need all the help I can get. To help with the development process, you will need Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed on your computer. If you are not a programmer, you can lend a hand with the translations. To create your own translation; simply copy and edit the English.cml file. Please make sure the language is not available before you create your translation.
- English (English.cml)
|Download||CarbonCD_102.zip (17893 downloads)|
|Updated||November 21, 2017|
|File Size||1 MB|
|Requirements||Windows® XP, Vista, 7, 8 / 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 bit)|